INCREASING THE MERIT OF ANGLER’S LIVES THROUGH PROVIDING HIGH QUALITY FLY RODS WHILE SUPPORTING VETERANS WHO MAKE IT POSSIBLE FOR US ALL TO LIVE OUT OUR DREAMS.
I have been crafting rods for over 30 years. I built my first rod at the age of 11 working as the 2nd mate aboard my families charter boat. Back in those days it was 200 lb class rods and big surf poles, much different than my direction today. I started Fly fishing at a young age, but was always drawn to the deep ocean, growing up on Long Island and the Jersey Shore, I worked on our family charter boat, as well as for commercial fishing operations, including my own blue crab operation that help pay for my first car. What got me hooked on fly fishing was when I decided to take a fly rod on an overnight charter and swung a big blue and white deceiver at some frenzied blue sharks and ended up hooking one.
Our business is based on supporting anglers and our veterans. Each of our rods, commemorates a US service member that served and paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. We honor them by writing their names on our blanks on the butt section just prior to adding the grip. Clients who purchase our rods have the ability to see who their rod is dedicated to via our website and when possible we include additional information about the honored veteran. Click Here
We are a small operation and by small I mean extremely small. I am not looking to be Orvis, Sage, or TFO, especially not overnight, however our current goal for 2018 is to get 100 rods sold by the end of the year. We would like to grow at a safe pace to ensure quality over quantity to deliver a true hand made, hand crafted rod to our customers.
We are currently releasing one line of Rods, the ARES series. Which is our 9’ 0” from 3-8 wt. Following a successful launch and sale of these, we look to add our Technical line ARTEMIS which will include 10’-11’ 3-5 wt rods, shorter 7’ 3 and 4wt rods as well as options in the Spey and Switch rods. Following that we will be looking to lunch our larger rod series POSEIDON with rods in the 10-14 wt range. (These are subject to change and we obviously would want your input and feedback here)
Welcome to the Semper Fly Rods Commander Program, we look forward to working with you and growing together in this awesome lifestyle. To ensure that we are aligned, we want to layout some basic expectations of our Commanders.
- Have Fun! We want you to enjoy using our products and fishing our rods. This is a no pressure deal, so get out there and cast away!
- We want you to love our product, and if you don’t that is okay, you can return it, no hard feelings. We would never want you to represent something you are not 100% behind.
- No resales of rods, or gear without our permission.
- Be polite, professional and courteous, when representing our brand in person or through social media. If someone says something negative about us or our products, it’s okay to disagree and offer your experience, but no need to get nasty, let it go.
- We appreciate loyalty, Semper Fidelis is latin for “Always Faithful” and it means so much to me, that these words are inked on my right forearm. That being said, we appreciate shout-outs, but there is no need to go overboard, again share your experience with our product and our brand, direct people to our site, but don’t be too pushy. Let people try your rod(s) so they can see for themself.
- Mention us when you post on social media using the following hashtags #semperflyrods #alwaysonthefly #thisismyflyrod If you use Facebook, mention us there as well. Take lots of photos, lots and lots of photos, video too….HOWEVER….FISH SAFETY COMES FIRST!!!
- We want your HONEST feedback regarding our product, we want to hear about potential product improvements, design updates or changes we can make in or rods or approach to improve what we are doing.
- Communicate with us, we’d like to hear from you regularly. While we do not expect a text or email or post everyday, but we would like to hear something, or see something from you weekly or monthly (depending on your area and fishing conditions).
- Participate in closed group discussions on facebook group, any scheduled teleconferences when you are available.
- If we do a show or demo in your area, we would appreciate, your assistance at the booth and during the event if you are available.
What you will currently receive as a Commander for Semper Fly Rods
Commanders - 2018
- 1st Rod FREE, Pro-Staff Pricing on all other Rods - We will send out information on this
- Swag Sticker Pack
- Ability to purchase logo merchandise at cost: Fishing shirts, Hats, T-shirts, etc…
- Bio page and personal landing page on our website
- Your photo
- Photo gallery
- Links to your social media accounts
- Links to your website
- Personal Coupon Code for Rod Ordering Incentives:
- Earn $10 for every rod purchased through your code.
1. SPAM AND UNSOLICITED EMAIL WARNING
The Commander agrees to abide by all Federal Trade Commission Guidelines and the U.S. Federal Can-SPAM Act.
Semper Fly Rods has a firm 0 tolerance policy toward any Commander who spams any party or individual. As a commander you are agreeing NOT to send any unsolicited email to any party in promotion of any of our products. Should a commander be caught spamming, they will be removed from the commander program altogether, and any commissions or pending commissions will be canceled and/or forfeited.
Spam is defined as emailing or posting to anyone who has not requested information via email or a website. This also includes “spamming search engines” with links.
2. RELATIONSHIP OF PARTIES
Although we love our Commanders, nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to create a partnership, joint venture, agency relationship, or employment relationship between Semper Fly Rods and the Commander. Under no circumstances will Semper Fly Rods be held liable for any actions or results of the Commander.
Commander is participating in the commander program as a fully independent entity and is responsible for any and all federal, state, local, and/or foreign income taxes and self-employment taxes, and any and all other federal, state, and local licenses, fees or taxes, or sales tax, including withholding taxes, social security taxes, and public liability and worker’s compensation insurance.
3. CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT
The Commander hereby agrees not to copy, alter, share, use, duplicate, distribute, or adapt any of Semper Fly Rod’s confidential information which is not directly provided or approved by Semper Fly Rods, or any confidential information – disclosed or otherwise – that comes into its possession under or in relation to this Agreement.
Confidential information includes, but is not limited to, the following types of private information and other proprietary information of a similar nature regarding Semper Fly Rod’s business: sales figures, software passwords, Semper Fly Rod's list size, list contents, ideas, stories, activities, curriculum, event format, presentation materials, presentation content, inventions, financial information, business plans, business processes, marketing plans, marketing strategies, marketing copy, financial projections, customer lists, customer financial information, personal information of executives, sponsorship strategies, relationships with other vendors, media delivery concepts and systems, including, but not limited to, web-based delivery systems, technical data, software designs, drawings, specifications, models, source code, object code, documentation, diagrams, flow charts, and other similar information that is proprietary to and confidential information of the Promoter.
The commander shall not disclose the terms of this Agreement to any third party other than to the commander’s employees and agents who (a) have a need to have access to such information (b) agree in writing to comply with the confidentiality provisions of this Agreement.
This Agreement imposes no obligation of confidentiality on the commander with regard to any portion of Semper Fly Rod’s confidential information (a) that is part of the public domain at the time of disclosure; or (b) that becomes part of the public domain after the Promotion without any unauthorized act by or omission of the commander; or (c) if commander can demonstrate by written records that he/she had independently developed knowledge of such confidential information prior to the date of disclosure; or (d) if permission to use or disclose said confidential information is first obtained by commander in writing from Semper Fly Rods; or (e) if Commander is required by law, regulation, rule, act, or order of any court or other government authority or agency to disclose such confidential information.
4. INDEMNIFICATION AND LIABILITY
The commander agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Semper Fly Rods and the Company’s owners, partners and associates from and against any and all losses, claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorney fees) which the commander may be subject to be rendered, except those claims that are judicially determined to have resulted from Company’s gross negligence or willful misconduct.
The relationship between the Parties may be terminated by either party on 30 days written notice prior to termination. Upon termination, it is understood that the Confidentiality and Indemnification clauses above will remain in effect for perpetuity. Semper Fly Rods maat any time determine to delay, suspend or eliminate the commander program. If this decision is made, effective notice will be given to all active commanders.
If any provision or covenant, or part thereof, of this Agreement should be held by any court or other legitimate tribunal with appropriate jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, either in whole or in part, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect the validity, legality or enforceability of the remaining provisions or covenants, or any part thereof, of this Agreement, all of which shall remain in full force and effect.